This quick-and-easy pancake recipe will make everyone at the breakfast table happy!
150 g sourdough starter discard
350 g milk
2 tbsp melted salted butter
300 g all-purpose flour
2.5 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
- Combine the wet ingredients (starter, milk, egg, and melted butter) in a large bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and whisk them together.
- Pour the dry ingredients into your large bowl of wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated (don’t overmix!)
- Heat a wide, heavy-bottomed pan or griddle over medium heat (I shoot for 350-ish degrees) and add a small amount of oil.
- Once the oil is shimmering, add your first batch of 1/4 cup scoops of batter into your pan (I usually do 3 pancakes at a time).
- The pancakes will be ready to flip when the bubbles that form on the top pop and stay open. Cook on the other side until cooked through (usually about 2 minutes).
- Repeat until you have used all your batter.
- Serve topped with maple syrup and fresh fruit.
- If you want to add fresh blueberries or chocolate chips to the pancakes, add them to the top of the batter after dropping the dollops into the hot pan. Use fresh or thawed blueberries – frozen interfere with the pancakes cooking through.
- Do not use butter to fry the pancakes! Butter just burns too easily in my opinion. We use an organic neutral oil, like sunflower or canola.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: breakfast